Odisha Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IDCO) was set up by the Government of Odisha as a statutory Corporation in 1981. IDCO has been acting as the Nodal Agency for providing industrial infrastructure and land for industrial and infrastructure projects in the State.
The Objective & Functions
The objective of the Corporation is to provide infrastructure services for rapid establishment and orderly growth of industry, trade and commerce in Odisha. Its core functions are broadly as follows:
- Development of industrial estates, industrial areas, IT Parks and other industrial complexes.
- Land Acquisition services for major & mega projects and creation of Land bank.
- Development of Infrastructure facilities and facilitation of private-sector participation
- Project Construction service.
Facilitating industrial investments by way of providing ready-to-use infrastructure is its core business. To this pursuit, a large number of industrial estates/ areas/ Parks, Theme Parks, etc. have been established and managed by the Corporation in different strategic locations of the state. Developed plots and built-up sheds are allotted to entrepreneurs intending to set-up their industrial ventures at attractive rates. Such projects include:
- 116 industrial estates/areas in strategic locations of Odisha with an area of Ac.10900.529 land and 1545 nos. built up sheds.
- Out of the above land, around Ac.5853.972 land and 1475 nos built up sheds has been allotted to 5807nos different Industrial Units in different Industrial Estates. During this year (as on 31.12.2019), 40 small & medium units have been allotted around Ac. 105.782 of land in different Industrial Estates/Areas.
- IDCO has taken up establishment/development of 7 (seven) Multi-Product MSME Park at Ramdaspur in Cuttack district (Ac.55.63), Chhatabar in Khurda district (Ac.53.35), Talamulasasan in Angul district (Ac.53.02), Basantpur in Sambalpur district (Ac.50.00), Reuna in Sundargarh district (Ac.51.00), Kesinga in Kalahandi district (Ac.62.72) and Barapali, Hinjili in Ganjam district (Ac.31).
- During this year, the work for creation of two nos of Industrial Estates exclusively for rehabilitation/establishment of Saw Mills in the Districts of Jagatsinghpur(Tentulia) and Mayurbhanj(Girima) is under process.